[Charlug] Can anyone help??

Brian J. Miller wiggins at danconia.org
Wed Dec 9 08:41:04 EST 2009

Melita Almberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> First, I'll start by saying I am not at all tech-savvy.  I'm a wannabe ex- Windows user, looking for someone to install whatever the current release version of ubuntu is on my home computer.  Does anyone know someone who can do this for me

Perhaps this is fodder for a meeting? It is already the 9th of December
so I suspect this month is probably out. Would it be valuable to you
still if it happened after the new year? Or is your burning desire to be
on The Best OS Around so great that it just can't wait that long? If you
can make it through the holidays without OD'ing on eggnog to squelch the
windows pain then I think a meeting could be arranged to help. If you
have to have it before then, perhaps someone can suggest a time/place
for a meeting soon. My schedule is pretty hectic at the moment with
family obligations but I might be able to attend.

I wouldn't have necessarily said this in the past, but dual bootedness
is so aware in new versions that you might just try it yourself and see
how far you get. BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST! But you should be doing that
anyways, at least before you have someone (yourself included) attempt an
install.

--
Brian J. Miller
End Point Corp.