[Charlug] Router Config Issue

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:10:25 EST 2006

Thanks Jason.  A co-worker pointed that out.  In fact, those are the only
outgoing ports open from my job.  I can't do much til I get back home, but
the box is probably the script kiddies' favorite right now. :-(  I was just
happy to have gotten through for once.  Anyway, I'll do that ASAP.  The
OpenVPN setup is going to be a 450MHz box running Debian Etch (Just
installed).  Bear with me, I'm learning.

Don

On 12/6/06, Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> You have to set up port forwarding to forward port 80/443 to the
> internal box.
>
> Don Parris wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I would like to get my router (Linksys WRT54G) to allow me into my
> > network from the outside.  Yes, I know that's dangerous, but I want to
> > do a couple of things.
> >
> > (a) Run a personal website off my box, and be able to manage it from
> > outside
> > (b) Play with OpenVPN
> >
> > I have enabled IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP.  I am using the web admin
> > interface to configure the router.  Under the Apps & gaming section is
> > a DMZ page, I have configured the router to be a DMZ device, with an
> > internal box as the set IP address.
> >
> > If I wanted to reach the webserver on my internal box, I assume I can
> > now use my public IP address to do so.  I was not able to do this
> > before, so I assume that this is the change I needed to make.  I can
> > also setup port forwarding and triggering on the router, but am not
> > sure about setting that up just yet.  I would ask a specific question,
> > but I'm just not sure what to ask.  Maybe someone around here has more
> > experience with routers?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Don
> > --